Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 5

I received a phone call this morning from the Elks social worker. She had to back up and let us know that a doctor from the Elks had review Jeremy's file and determined that he was NOT ready for their rehabilitation hospital. They would review his progress in another 2 weeks.

The social worker from Saint Al's said they would accept him there. From what we have gleaned from many sources Elk's would be better for Jeremy. They have a more aggressive rehab program. With the sole purpose of complete recovery. We made some phone calls looking for people who could help us make the right decision. Maybe we will get those answers tomorrow.

Greg talked to a neuro doctor today and he said he was encouraged by Jeremy's MRI. The bleeding was under control and in good areas (not that you want bleeding in your brain). The part of the brain that showed the most damage had to do with organization & left/right portion of the brain. That will be confusing to Jeremy and take time to heal. He was very hopeful of Jeremy's full recovery! His long term prognoses was good.

Thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. "He was very hopeful of Jeremy's full recovery! His long term prognoses was good."

    Those are some of the best words I've heard in a while! I hope the doc's right. It never ceases to amaze me what people are able to adapt to / recover from. I still think of Jeremy every day and hope to visit in person sometime in the next few months, after he's recovered a bit more. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy:
    I've been traveling a lot but trying to check in on your blog every day or two. I would love to come and see you when it works out well for you and your family.
    I am going to be going on a long-term work travel arrangement the end of the month and hope it works out to see you before I go.

    Joyce @ Lucky Peak

    Debi: Please call me @ 841.3799 if a visit is a good idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Past Posts