Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 7

Jeremy had a pretty full day today. Family, friends and a mother (and nurses) desperate to get him to eat 3 bites. I got up this morning early enough to go to check out Jeremy's breakfast action! As I sat there, one of the people assisting someone else with eating, commented that I got him to eat more than they had. It made it worth getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning. What did I get him to eat? 1 bowl of cream of wheat, 5 small bites of banana and a bowl of yogurt. Dinner tonight was a different story - we were back to the 3 bites. I think I am obsessing over food. One of the therapist's tells me it's just a phase and he will get over it. I hope it comes soon.

It was a beautiful fall day so we went outside again with a friend of Jeremy's who came down from Walla Walla, WA. He was very patient with Jeremy in trying to figure out what he was saying. Like I said Jeremy speaks so fast and quiet it is hard to understand. I appreciate how much fun he made it trying to catch what Jeremy was saying. Jeremy just laughed!!

I asked someone today what we had to do to get Jeremy an afternoon leave pass. They are looking into what we have to do. I thought it might be nice to bring Jeremy home for an afternoon. So Jeremy can see "his bedroom" and "home".

Thank you for your support, encouragement and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Posts