Monday, June 28, 2010

June 27

Jeremy is still at the hospital and I guess he will be there for awhile. (At this time the discharge date is set for July 9) Rehabilitating from shoulder surgery is harder than originally thought. And I remind myself that 3 hours of therapy per day is never a bad thing no matter how much we would like to be at home!!!!!

Weekends are slow as far a therapy and getting information. Jeremy is doing well as far as I can tell. There wasn't anyone around that knew how to put on his JAZ splint on over the weekend, so it only got put on once each day(should be 3 times a day for 30 min. each time). So on Sunday I asked Jeremy to stretch his arm out to his side as far as he could and keep it there while he rested. He did great at that so I didn't fee as bad about not having the brace on. The nurse is going to suggest that they do some sort of training of the nurses on how to put the brace on so they will be able to help more. Although I don't know how that will work when he seems to have a different nurse each day. I'm back to my "consistency in nursing" complaint.

We have a lead on a wheelchair van so please keep that in your prayers. God has been good and he promised to "supply all needs".

Thank you for all your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Posts