Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30

Jeremy seemed to be feeling a little better by tonight. This morning the doctor looked at his throat and decided to culture it. Results are pending. But by this evening Jeremy had eaten all his dinner and was smiling and laughing more than the last couple of days.

The speech therapist today was asking Jeremy questions. She had device that if you push the yes button it said yes and if you push the no button it said no etc. She must have asked him 20 questions and for the most part I think he answered them all or mostly right. He is getting better - more consistent. They are now working with him with 3 objects instead of 2. " Which is the pen? Which is the flashlight?" Holding up a glove, a pen and a flashlight for example. He would point or reach for the object. Not 100% right but getting better. I don't know yet what it will take for him to be able to speak but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

One of the nurses said to me last night "God must have a tremendous plan for Jeremy when this is all done. I can hardly wait to see what it is!" I agree!!!

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Posts